Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Zero Gravity Double Bubble Windscreen Is Done

50K views 151 replies 60 participants last post by  ballz 
#1 ·
I just got this photo from Glenn at Zero Gravity of the new Double Bubble windscreen for the CBR250R. No price or release date yet but it should be soon now that the prototypes are done. I would also expect an even taller and wider "Sport Touring" screen for our bikes as is their usual practice.
Windscreen Innovators - Zero Gravity

Attachments

See less See more
#37 ·
The suspense is killing me. I want to do my HID/Projector conversion at the same time and this is all i'm waiting on. Figure its better to take everything apart once.

Starting to lean towards the Corsa...

#42 ·
just got a reply from Glenn to an email I sent ZG this morning...

"Hello,
Thanks for contacting us. The CBR250R screens will be ready soon. Just a few final adjustments. Pricing has not been set yet but it will be competitive with Puig. I'll make sure you are on the list of people we contact when we have them ready.....Glenn / ZG"

Can't wait, I think I'm going for the sport touring when they're ready.

#47 ·
not sure what you mean when you say "This form is over a year old" as the thread itself is current... regardless, my need for instant gratification is clawing at me to just buy a smoked PUIG windscreen if ZG doesn't get this out to market soon.

#46 ·
Those on this forum in contact with ZG report that they're almost done... I've taken from the context they'll be available this summer. (?) I'm holding off for them. IMHO, if the other windscreens were breakfast food, they'd be Uggo Waffles. As soon as the angle of the bubble exceeds that of the nose of the bike, I vomit in my mouth a little. ZG's Corsa is the only non-double-bubble I've seen that's gotten it right.

#51 ·
Just bought the PUIG, but starting to think twice...maybe go with the MRA double bubble...

#57 ·
I recieved an email from them saying they're "almost ready"....

#59 ·
Does anyone have input on the OEM Honda touring screen from TYGA?
Tyga Performance - Screen, Touring, Dark Tint, OEM Honda, 2011 CBR125/150/250R - Screens
I hear shipping is costly but the much simpler install is a selling point for me. Wonder if it's anywhere near the size of the ZG Corsa or ST models?
Or.... I could really throw some money at it, get one of the OEM's and put a laminar lip on it ... think that would fit? Would make the whole unit easily removable for around town. Hmmm, maybe I will wait until ZG's arrive and see what the consensus is.

#60 ·
I'll have to start doing a little more research before posting late at night :) I found some other pics of the OEM windscreen from Tyga on this forum:

http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-parts-accessories/1139-after-market-windscreen.html

From the side view, it does appear to have a nice curl to it already making the idea of adding a laminar lip overkill. I do really like the idea of a quick bolt on/off install vs removing all the fairing etc for the other versions ... however it is a bit pricey as from what I can see Tyga USA does not carry it, would have to order and ship from Thailand I believe. Think it's worth the wait for the Zero Gravity or might this one relieve most of the shoulder blast?
I've also read that some are paying dealers $50 or so to install Puigs etc, perhaps that reasoning could be used to justify the $40 shipping, ha ha!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.