Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my bike down to Zero Gravity today so that they could work on their windscreen. It was a bitch to take a part. Hopefully, they find an easier way when they release their screen. Had a tour of their facility and it was pretty cool. I will update when I get my bike back with pictures.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just to let everyone know Zero Gravity is now shipping clear screens. I ordered the sport touring version today. (115.90 with shipping) I also spoke with them about tinted/smoke screens and they said it would be 3 to 5 weeks before those models will be ready to ship. I will update everyone once I have installed the new wind screen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Zero Gravity sizes

I have seen the Zero Gravity windscreens on line and really like the ST model, but does anyone know it's dimensions for the CBR250R. I would like it to be a little taller as my bike is setup as a Sport Touring and the more upright riding position is preferable.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
I don't mean to hijack the thread but Hondahonda, what type of saddle bags are those? They look very nice!
Incidentally there is another Zero Gravity thread with lots of pictures comparing their various models, I haven't seen any actual measurements though. The Sport Touring screen appears the tallest.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Zero Gravity Windscreen -Soft Bags on a CBR250R

The bags in the photo are Moto Centric and they are rigidly mounted.
I fabricated hidden brackets and bolted tyhe bags to them.
The trunk is attached to a replacement pillion seat pan that I made and is easily removable with the ignition key for installation of the stock pillion seat.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have seen the Zero Gravity windscreens on line and really like the ST model, but does anyone know it's dimensions for the CBR250R. I would like it to be a little taller as my bike is setup as a Sport Touring and the more upright riding position is preferable.
Your bike looks really good, balanced even with your luggage. There is a lot of interest in the rear seat mod you have done. Any chance you could post about how you made it? TIA

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can take some photos, but basically I made a Pillion seat pan out of 3/4" plywood and attached a wood block across the front that closely matched the contour of the front of the existing Pillion seat. That front wood was belt sanded smooth and about 1/4" undersized. Next I overlayed the front wood with dense seat foam and covered the entire pan with vinyl seat material similar to the stock seat. (Dense foam on front only where your butt touches) The rear portion that was also covered with Vinyl and is attached only to the plywood. There are 2 clips in the front on the bottom to slide in like the stock seat and a rear mounted loop that snaps into the seat lock to hold it down. It is literally a 30 second swap to pull off the stock Pillion seat and install the trunk.
Removal and replacement of the soft bags ie a little more time consuming. Probably 2 minutes each. There is a loop shaped bracket that bolts in 2 places for each side. (made from welded 1/2" electrical conduit with bolt thru attachment points for the soft bags) One end attaches to the passenger pegs bracket and the other to the license frame. The soft bags are pernanantly attached to the loop frame. No velcro straps are needed with this setup.
I have the loop frames setup for a cross brace between the two under the seat, but it proved to not be needed. I will post photos

·
Registered
619 Posts
Great, your description really helps! Is the piece of wood, on the front, attached to the top or bottom of the plywood, what did you use for clips and the wire piece? Thanks again

·
Registered
124 Posts
Update - I ordered the windscreen 5 days ago. The money has not been deducted from my account or has an tracking number been sent to me.(I presume they have not shipped yet) If I do not hear anything back by Wednesday I will be canceling my order and going with another manufacture. Any Suggestions?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Update

Well the Zero Gravity wind screen arrived today..... I will be installing it this weekend and update everyone on the install and picks.... Any advice for installing the windscreen?

·
Registered
124 Posts
OK I could not wait for this weekend so here is some picks of it installed. I bit the bullet and just dove into the screen replacement.. Took about an hour and a half because of kids and wife. I will report back once I ride to work this evening on the feel of the wind.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts