Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It’s got a lightweight aluminum frame, trick suspension and one big-ass honkin’ battery. Weight wise the Zero S only comes in at about 300 lbs. which is pretty standard for enduros. Performance wise the bike is just “OK”. With a top end of about 70 mph it’s not going to break any speed records, however it is virtually maintenance free and only takes about 2.5 hrs. to recharge the battery pack to 100%. If there is a downside it has to be the Zero S’s range as it’s only about 50 miles. This is great if you’re just tooling around town, but anything more than that means frequent 2.5 hr. stops. I think the bike is definitely a start in the right direction, but like anything that has to do with technology, we’re pretty sure that version 2.0 isn’t that far off and will be better in all respects.

Its works out for daily urban riding, but as for long trips goodluck!.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I saw one for the first time two weeks ago. It really caught my eye. I will not be an early adopter like I am with IT Tech stuff but I see it as being the future and look forward to it. One note that concerns me though. Electricity is not cheap! Many countries are having a hard enough time keeping up with demand. So what will the prices be for bikes like this and cars? Just another thing to think about.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh where did you see one? im still curious wanting to see how well this thing performs in person.

Also for me im never one of the people to ever get lets say a 1st version of any production item, they tend to have tons of flaws, and the later generations tend to work out a lot of the minor issues.

·
Registered
131 Posts
oh yes this brand. i think we had a post on Zero motorcycles a while back....

good to finally see a Zero motorcycle video rather than reading a article on it and viewing pic's.

Good thing with electric bikes you can never run out of electricity, since we have some systems in place for electric cars and bikes and you can also buy/build your own power generating & charging system.

·
Registered
118 Posts
oh yes this brand. i think we had a post on Zero motorcycles a while back....

good to finally see a Zero motorcycle video rather than reading a article on it and viewing pic's.

Good thing with electric bikes you can never run out of electricity, since we have some systems in place for electric cars and bikes and you can also buy/build your own power generating & charging system.

I'm sure most people wont build their own power stations =/

I'd just be really interested in riding this for a day, and comparing it to a gas powered bike.. as for now i still love anything petrol powered:)

Nothing beats the smell of petrol and tiers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts